How to set up analytics and embed the code into your smartsite
Google Analytics allows you to track and view key stats relating to your realsmartcloud site. Not only is this hugely beneficial as you can track how, where and why people are accessing your site, it’s also easy to set up.
- Sign in to your realsmartcloud site.
- Open Google Drive.
- Open a new tab / window and go to http://www.google.com/analytics/
- Click ‘sign up’ and complete the information form.
- Once you’ve done this you’ll be presented with a ‘tracking code’. Copy this.
- Navigate to your realsmartcloud site, click the ‘WordPress’ icon in the toolbar and select ‘Dashboard’. You will need to be a wordpress admin.
- Select ‘smartOptions’ from the menu.
- Open ‘analytics’ and paste the ‘tracking code’ in here. Then click ‘save changes’.
Google Analytics is now set up on your realsmartcloud site. Simply go to http://www.google.com/analytics/ sign in and click ‘reporting’ and then select the relevant criteria.